The proxy server is a computer on the internet that accepts the incoming requests from the client and forwards those requests to the destination server. It works as a gateway between the end-user and the internet. It has its own IP address. It separates the client system and web server from the global network.
A proxy can be Located anywhere. You can set up on your computer or deploy one to the cloud. Companies that use proxy server, use them for security and network performance, for privacy concerns.
Below are the Benefits to use Proxy server
You can increase network security by encrypting requests which will prevent your sensitive information from hackers and will also block malware sites from your network.
you can lower the amount of network traffic by caching sites.
You can control the usage of internet by people by blocking several domains and monitoring and logging all web requests.
You can access content from different countries.
Your cookies and ads are blocked.
USAGE OF PROXY SERVER:
We should use a proxy server if any of the following want to achieve:
Blocked Internet Protocol
Navigating the firewall
Access the Deep web
Different Types of Proxy servers:
1. TRANSPARENT PROXY: This is simple type of proxy server. This proxy server will pass all your information with IP address so there is no privacy protection.
2. ANONYMOUS PROXY: This is commonly used proxy server because of its security. They will never pass your IP address which will keep your browsing activity private
3. HIGH ANONYMITY PROXY: This is highly secured proxy server which will not pass any personal information nor IP Address. They also Sporadically change the IP address they use for request which gives you high anonymity proxies for online privacy.
4. DISTORTING PROXY: This work similar to Anonymous Proxy Server but the only difference is that it passes the False IP Address. This can only be used if you want to Appear or working in Specific Location.
5. RESIDENTIAL PROXY: This Proxy Server uses real IP Address. This is used because they look like regular clients to servers.
6. DATA CENTER PROXY: This is opposite to Residential Proxy Server . This will generate the IP Address which is not attached to the real device. Which means the proxy is in cloud.
7. PUBLIC PROXY: Public Proxy is insecure and unreliable. In this kind of proxy server, hackers can steal the data anytime. This is used because it is free.
8. PRIVATE PROXY: This proxy can be used only by one client at a time and proxy need authentication before using it .
9. DEDICATED PROXY: In this , proxy cannot be shared with multiple clients at the same time. One will connected and send request before using.
10. SHARED PROXY: Shared proxy have complex structure because they handle multiple requests at the same time. In this, clients pool together and split the cost of the server and all can access the server at the same time.
11. ROTATING PROXY: Every time Client connects to the proxy, New IP Address is generated. The IP Address is used only once
12. SSL PROXY: This is same as HTTPS Requests. The S in HTTPS stand for SSL which means the requests is between client and server.
13. REVERSE PROXY: This hide IP Address of the server . When server need security and privacy from the clients . they use this kind of proxy server.
SETTING UP PROXY SERVER
Open Internet Explorer.
Click on the Tools icon presented at the top right corner.
Select the Internet options from the menu. It opens a dialog box.
In the dialog box, click on the Connections tab.
Click on the LAN settings button.
Under the Proxy server label check Use a proxy server for your LAN as shown below.
Provide the Address and Port of the proxy server that you want to use. In our case, we have provided address 18.104.22.168 whose port is 3128. You can choose a different one.
Click on the OK button to save settings.
Resources: Wikipedia , Javapoint
The Tech Platform