A Development Tool is a computer program that software developers use to create, debug, maintain, or otherwise support other programs and applications. In this article, you will learn about .NET Development Tools.
.NET Development Tools
Here is the list of the top 10 .NET Development Tools:
Visual Studio Code
Windows Debugger (WinDBg)
1. Visual Studio Code
Visual Studio is a lightweight yet powerful source code editor by far and with the most comprehensive Integrated Development Environment that every .NET developer recommends using for developing websites, web applications, and web services. Its IDE offers .NET developers the most productive and efficient way to get results from all the ones available in the market.
Support multiple programming languages
Detect if any snipped code is left incomplete
Work on all three platforms: Windows, Linux, and Mac Systems
Can download the extension and use it
Build-in support for web applications
Chocolatey is a tool that has powerful features to manage your Windows software seamlessly. It is a Windows package manager similar to RPM, which is a Linux package manager. You can leverage this tool to deploy windows software with the help of tools that you are already familiar with. This tool supports a wide array of configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, PowerShell, and others.
LINQPad is a software utility tool for .NET application development. It is based on a client-server model where it has one client and multiple servers. This tool is used to interactively query SQL databases with the help of LINQ language, and also interactively write C# code without using any IDE.
LINQPad supports the following flavors of LINQ:
LINQ to Objects
LINQ to SQL
LINQ to XML
4. .NET Reflector
.NET Reflector is a well-known dot net decompiler, and static analyzer. It is also available as a Visual Studio extension and is one of the most useful tools for .NET developers. The benefit of using the .NET reflector tool is to debug your program and discover issues. It can even step into third-party code written in Visual Studio. It should be mentioned that the.NET reflector might help to simplify things.
Notepad++ is a text and source code editor for use with Microsoft Windows. It supports tabbed editing, which allows working with multiple open files in a single window.
Finding and replacing strings of text with regular expressions
Searching text strings within opened tabs
NDepend is a Visual Studio extension that is highly used for static code analysis. This .NET tool lets you know your code quality using various designs, its metrics, and lets you accurately assess your technical depth within the IDE. NDepend is one of the developers' favorite tools as it optimizes and refactors code at a high level. It basically lets developers see the "wood for the trees" and gives a 10,000-foot view of your app code. It also delivers custom querying language to discuss your application's coupling and analyze it to measure its standards.
Postman is an Indian origin company that enables developers a collaborative platform for testing APIs. It basically gives a good testing environment for HTTP requests to any API, whether local or distant. Use Postman for the most basic tasks, such as executing rest calls and arranging requests into folders for each service or API. However, Postman has a lot more to offer, such as multiple automated testing options, environment variables, and even a command-line interface.
Nuget – An important tool for any application development platform that assists developers to build, share, and consume useful code. The code is wrapped together into “packages” that comprise compiled code (as DLLs) and other content required for the projects that take these packages.
ReSharper is one of the leading productivity tools for .NET developers. It is the Visual Studio extension that helps developers in code quality analysis. It not only debugs problems in a given code but also provides solutions to problems automatically.
10. Windows Debugger (WinDBg)
WinDBg is a debugging tool for windows-based applications. Developers can run this debugging tool outside of Visual Studio. This makes it an outstanding option for application developers who want open-source and free software. This windows debugger tool is used to debug kernel-mode and user-mode code and check crash dumps.
How to select .NET Development Tools?
We will help you to determine what is best for your .NET projects.
1. Project purpose and uniformity: Many .NET experts prefer to be more attentive to their project’s goals. Hence, the tools are essential, whichever tools they will use might take time and attention. And they end up spending a lot of configuring them. So, it is better to strive for the tools list as short as possible.”
2. Excellence in routine tasks: Another factor that matters when choosing a toolset is its excellence for the daily task. Professionals look for the tools that benefit them to resolve time-consuming routine tasks. Also, select the tools that will preserve time, programming errors, etc., or whether it accommodates avoiding or automating annoying or repetitive actions throughout the development.
3. Easy deployment: This factor helps the production environment with the least influence on it. As experts say there are a plethora of choices out there, but not all of them will enable one to seize memory allocations without preventing an application from configuring any kind of bootstrap. Also, being a visual web developer helps the development procedure by letting users create their data access layer visually with the help of the right tools.
4. Trustworthy reputation: The next is building up trust with a tool, whether it a beginner or a proficient .NET developer for their .NET programming, trust a tool recommended by an author on the subject more than state a homegrown tool acquired 6 months ago by a casual developer on GitHub.
5. Price: Developing a .NET application is not a piece of cake nor is it affordable but choosing a tool with the best features at an affordable price is essential. As we can do, a price tag or free trial period normally impedes the assignment at hand so quickly move on to free options.
6. Components: The next one is one of the essential key factors., While searching for a tool, .NET developers often comprehend onward what features they are looking for. If they are searching for features and a tool is offered then it is best to accept it and use it immediately. Besides, the essential tool is utilized for mapping data between incompatible data stores.
The Tech Platform